Barcelona visited their bogey stadium, the Coliseum Alfonso Perez, to face Getafe yesterday in a top of the table clash. Barcelona have traditionally had tough fixtures against the Madrid based side, but yesterday, a superb second half performance saw them run out 2-0 winners.
Ibrahimovic scored one goal and set up Messi for another to make up for a rather poor first half, while new signing Dmitryo Chigrinskiy had a debut to be delighted with. His passing was accurate and his involvement in offensive build up play was impressive.
Andres Iniesta also made his first appearance in nearly three months when he came on as a sub for Pedro in the second half.
I have now decided that I will put down whatever good and bad things that I saw over the course of the game. This is merely my thinking, and suggestions are welcome.
Postives to be taken from the game
- The three points (naturally)
- Ibrahimovic and Messi combining very well
- No goals conceded so far
- One more headed goal makes it four out of five goals from headers
- Chigrinskiy is already settling in
- Bogey game handled well just after international break
- Jeffren is still unimpressive
- Gulf in class between offensive starters and subs
- Marquez was not fit to play