Thursday, July 23, 2009

Keirrison : I Am Good Enough for Barca, Loan Move Not a Problem


K9’ believes he has what it takes to play for Barca, but acknowledged that he would accept the club’s decision to send him out on loan…
Keirrison will land in Barcelona today [Thursday] to sign his contract and officially complete his move to the Camp Nou from Palmeiras.

It has been speculated, however, that he will be immediately shipped out on loan, possibly to Benfica or Porto, in order to learn the ropes of European football. And the 20-year-old has confessed that he would have no objections, although he assured that he is ready to play for ‘El Tricampeon’ now.

“I’m happy to be part of Barca and I know I am at the right level to play for them,” he said in an interview with Sport prior to his flight to Catalunya.

“I am well prepared, although it is always necessary to refine your game because football is a dynamic sport. I know that once I leave my country, I will grow a lot.

“I think it will be good to go on loan to learn more about European football. I do not see any problems with this. I know that the club are only doing this to prepare me. I accept that just fine and I will be ready when that time comes,” he added.

K9, as he is affectionately known, is confident that it will not be too big a leap to go from Brazilian football to playing for the Blaugrana as he believes his style fits perfectly to the club’s footballing philosophies.

“Barca are the best team in the world. I know that I can contribute a lot with hard work,” he reasoned.

“It brings me immense joy just to be at a club with such greatness and with so many fantastic players, such as Lionel Messi. I have full admiration for him.

“Personally, I have many different styles and I can adapt to whatever the coach wants from me. And when you play alongside great players, it makes everything easier.”

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Personally, I have this feeling that unlike RM, Barca will continue to excel long after this current squad passed its prime as we have and always will invest in talents.