Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pep Guardiola Tells Villa Barcelona are Willing to Wait for Him


Pep Guardiola has told David Villa that Barcelona will wait for him and will not seek to sign a new striker while talks at boardroom level continue with Valencia, according to a report.

Guardiola is adamant that the Spain international is the player that he wants to lead his new-look front-line next term after deciding that he does not want Samuel Eto'o.

Earlier reports indicated that Valencia were ready to prevent Villa from leaving, but the club are now being quoted as saying they would accept a higher offer.

El Mundo Deportivo states that Guardiola spoke to the player on the telephone and said "we will wait for you" - and that has lifted Villa's spirits.

A deal looked set to be done last week, but Llorente has since decided that he wants more than the €40 million that is on the table from the Barca.

Villa only wants to play for Barcelona now and El Mundo Deportivo believe that he has made that clear to Llorente, who reportedly told him last summer that he could go this year.

8 comments:

R10FCB said...

valencia are being very unprofessional about this. for the sake of both villa and barca i hope he moves in the end.

Messi108 said...

I totally agree..

Anurag said...

I agree with both of you. Valencia and Barcelona are handling the Villa and Eto'o cases very badly.

Marc4barca said...

i just hope we dont do like real last year and spend a whole transfer going after 1 person then do panic signings after. eto hasn't left yet i bet you he will stay cause everyone is closing the door on him now, so we might just end up with the same starting 11 as last season with a few new fringe players which really isn't a bad thing if we throw away the copa del rey and messi and iniesta stays fit.

Anurag said...

Yes, Marc4barca, that is precisely my concern. It is worrying me to no end. We will end up just like them if we dont do somethign fast.

skanjos said...

yes ,since last president said they would let him go this summer,they should,its obvius the player wants to leave and barcelona are offering alot of money ,money that they wont get from any other team now that real is broke

Marc4barca said...

the real problem with this is barcelona's inability to negotiate with anyone this season. chelsea seems close to zlatan with a 20mil bid+ drogba carvalho and deco which seems stupid to me but never the less everyone is accepting that this transfer market has gone mad everyone except barca. we can't sign anyone with the way things are going. eto wants to leave and doors are closing on him so i guess he would even accept the move to inter now, so 35-40mil and eto for zlatan would be nice.

Xaviniesta said...

nah guys, i think our misfortune (misjudgment) is going after players in tricky situations. plus it doesnt help that everyone expects barca to fork out the cash meekly the perception being that we being treble defenders should race madrid for the big signings.